Liquid (Dye) Penetrant Testing (LPT) Level-II ASNT
Training Course objectives
To provide the personnel with full theoretical and practical knowledge of PT process and related standards.
PT Level II Responsibilities
To perform and direct PT according to the established or recognized procedures, select test methods to be used, set up and calibrate equipment, interpret and evaluate result according to applicable standards. Develop PT techniques adopted to problems arising during testing, prepare written instructions, organize and report test results.
PT Level II Course outline
1. Review of Level-I course
2. Selection of Techniques
3. Manufacturing Process and Discontinuities
4. Interpretation of Indications
5. Preservation of Indications
6. Evaluation of Test Equipment
7. Penetrant materials quality control
8. Codes, standards and Procedures