Magnetic Particle Testing (MPT) Level-II ASNT
Training course objectives
The course is intended to provide detailed instruction in theory and practice such that the personnel shall be able to
• Identify suitability of MT for material and inspection procedure.
• Develop inspection techniques and procedure that shall be followed by level I operator.
• Analyse the test results.
MT Level II Responsibilities
1. To select proper test technique and equipment as per established procedure
2. To calibrate, set and carry out test or supervise testing by level I operator
3. Prepare test report for acceptance/rejection as per standard
4. Have knowledge of merits and limitations of MT and other common NDT methods
5. Prepare written procedure for level I operator
6. Responsible for care and maintenance of testing machines and accessories
MT Level II Course outline
1. Review of Level-I course
2. Selection of Techniques
3. Codes, standards and Procedures
4. Acceptance Standards
5. Manufacturing Process and Discontinuities
6. Interpretation of Indications
7. Preservation of Indications
8. Evaluation of Test Equipment