API – 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector Preparatory Course
• The course prepares the professional for the API 510 exam. The course is an intensive one-week course with a heavy emphasis on the use of the codes and mathematical calculations.
• API Authorized Pressure Vessel Inspectors must have a broad knowledge base relating to maintenance, inspection, repair, and alteration of pressure vessels. The API 510 Certification Preparation is designed to equip the professional with such information and understand the exam format.
The course provides participants with the knowledge necessary to:
• Successfully pass the API 510 pressure vessel inspector certification exam
• Effectively use major codes: ASME B&PV Sections V, VIII, & IX
• Perform all basic vessel calculations needed for the API exam (e.g. tmin, test pressure, MAWP, static head, MDMT, corrosion rates, remaining life, etc.)
• Use API’s requirements during inspection, repairs, and alterations of pressure vessels
• Review welding procedures (WPS/PQR) and welder performance qualifications (WPQ)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course will specifically benefit Engineers, Supervisors, and Managers from the following disciplines:
• Mechanical Engineering
• Maintenance & Operations
• Technical & Engineering
and technical personnel with 2-3 years of experience in the management and planning of inspection and maintenance activities of pressure vessel system at upstream oil & gas facilities, refineries, process plants and petrochemical facilities.