1. Can be used to inspect virtually all materials.
2. Detects surface and subsurface defects.
3. Ability to inspect complex shapes and multi-layered structures without disassembly.
4. Minimum part preparation is required.
Dis Advantage :
1. Extensive operator training and skill required.
2. Access to both sides of the structure is usually required.
3. Orientation of the radiation beam to non-volumetric defects is critical.
4. Field inspection of thick section can be time consuming.
5. Relatively expensive equipment investment is required. 6. Possible radiation hazard for personnel.